Monday, October 18, 2010

May I Have This Dance?

This little dance card is only 1/4th of an inch across. It has a tiny pencil on a tasseled string, and the front reads "Netherfield Dance", along with a date.
Inside, there are many spaces for handsome gentlemen to claim their dance!


You wouldn't believe the number of times I had to tie this string! Even with the reference photos right in front of me, I couldn't get the hang of it, lol. When I figured it out, I actually took the time to scribble out directons for myself. I'm usually a VERY lazy note taker, since I'm almost always able to muddle out the way I made something just by looking at it again. But in this case, I REALLY don't want to fuss with those threads any more than I have to, if I end up wanting to make more dance cards down the line.

Do you take notes on your projects?

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous little accessory. Well done you on persevering with the string!

    I take notes of projects before they actually happen - more as an ideas list than anything. I'm more likely to draw a small picture as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet accessory. Love the tiny pencil.
    I am very bad at taking notes. I usually don't start writing anything down until someone askes me how I've made it. It's not always easy to remember everything, depending on how long ago I made the item of course. I do recommend everyone to take notes, it makes life easier. I should listen to me more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo myyy i love this :D Linda x

    ReplyDelete