Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Music Room

After the last post, I thought it would be nice to show something pretty. The Music room is one of my favorite rooms. I'm feeling the need to change things around in the house, so I'm thinking about reupholstering these chairs (there's a pair), possibly in pale blue silk. Like most of the house, this room desperately needs curtains, so I'm hold off making a final decision on the chairs until this room has drapes.
 
 I love this violin! For the longest time, this chair held a PLASTIC violin. It was actually pretty effective, since the scale was good, and the color wasn't too bad. But then I found this one at a show, and I just couldn't resist...
Is it strange it makes me a little uncomfortable to have a miniature instrument just laying out like this? I took violin lessons for nine years, and my real violin was ALWAYS in the case unless I was playing it. This mini violin came with a case, but it seemed terribly out of scale. Maybe I should make a new case for it?

6 comments:

  1. Sí, tienes que hacerle un estuche nuevo, ese violín lo merece, es perfecto!
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave my fiddle out all the time, in a case, but laying across a chair. If it is out, I am more likely to pick it up and play. So , if your dollhouse resident lives by him/her self- or else you could tie a ribbon across the front. You're right- it should make you nervous. Crack!! How about a stand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een prachtige mini viool. Veel plezier ermee.

    Groetjes Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eliza,
    It is such a lovely picture!
    The violion on the chair is very lovely, it really looks as though someone just put it down to go get a cup of coffee or tea.
    Very beautiful picture.
    I think pale blue would be very nice on the chairs.
    Have a greatw eek,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like tis scen.
    The violin is perefct.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty violin! The room with its tapestries is beautiful, and the blue is just right colur to chairs, I think.
    Greetings, Sirkku

    ReplyDelete