Saturday, December 29, 2012

Time to Play

I've shown the playroom on this blog before, but it was a few years ago, and quite a bit messier then. When I did the big dollhouse cleaning, I took the oportunity to take out a few toys. Both Mom and I have a weakness for toys of all kinds, so the playroom was overflowing. When I straightened up, I decided that I would try to keep only handmade and special toys in the playroom.
 
I cheated a little with the furnishings in this room. The fireplace and corner cupboard are "child scale" (aka half scale) while the game table and chairs are 1/12th scale. My grandparents have a "half scale" fireplace in their real home, so I don't feel it's too much of a stretch.

This little rope bed is the third half scale piece of furniture in the room -but it's so covered with dolls I always think of it as a toy! The little baby boy in the red knit outfit is yet another doll from Lucy Coles.

2 comments:

  1. This boy is very lucky! He has many wonderful toys.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog entries are so very inspiring! And it is the beautiful details that do it.
    Thank you for posting the child's room, it has the look and feel I like so much in miniatures.

    clmt's miniature world

    ReplyDelete