Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Peek in the Dining Room.

 
Sorry, it's another short, thrown-together post this morning. I woke up sick, but hopefully a quiet day or two of rest will get me over the worst of it, and I'll be back on track for Saturday's post.
 
The dining room is the darkest room in the dollhouse, and also one of the least complete. It's an odd room, tucked behind the stairs. There's a door to the kitchen on the left, hidden behind the stairs and a Mark Stockton screen. The door along the back wall goes outside. I wish I had removed it or shifted to the kitchen when the house was redone! The table and chairs were a steal on eBay several years ago. I think I got the entire set for $25! The chair seats obviously need to be recovered, but I'm waiting until I have a better idea of the carpet and curtains (I've been saying this for at least 5 years now).

4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful table. Yes, you must recover the chair seats.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely dining room set. Don't worry. You're not the only one who's been meaning to do this and that for the last five years. Try eighteen years. No kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza,
    it is a beautiful dining sweet, I particularly like the centre piece, some how the blues of the grapes work beautifully with the wall paper.

    Get well soon.

    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eliza,

    Your dinning room is looking lovely. I love the chairs.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete