Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ooh La La!

Mom has been checking over her stock of dolls for the Sturbridge show this coming weekend, and I've been taking the opportunity to photograph them. We had a lot of discussions about how to prevent this maid from looking too risqué. Photos of servants from the 1920s were actually the most helpful reference, though Mom did take a bit of artistic license with the short, flirty skirt. I didn't take a photo, but she has layers and layers of ruffled, lace trimmed petticoats beneath!
 I stole the doll away before Mom had added her duster. I just popped the cheap plastic one into her hands for the photograph, but she'll have a nice wooden one at the show. I stumbled across this tutorial after Mom had already purchased a duster, but I'll definitely be trying it the next time we need a feather duster!

I'll try to post once more before we leave for Sturbridge, and I'll definitely have lots more to share when we return!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Eliza,
    Once again I just stare at the screen in amazement! She is gorgeous!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eliza,
    She's wonderful!
    Greetings Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty doll! Your mother is such a talented lady and she has certainly passed it on to you, Eliza! Thank you for that duster tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks just lovely and a bit naughty, too!
    Thanks for showing her!
    hugs,
    Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es preciosa toda ella,me encanta!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she's so cute and thanks for the feather duster tutorial!

    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete