Friday, June 7, 2013

Sturbridge, Continued

Before every miniature show, Mom and I like to guess which item on our table will sell first. We've never been right. In fact, the piece(s) that sell first are consistently a complete surprise! Things we've guessed will sit on the table because they're specialized enough to need a specific buyer are often the first to go!
The first sale of the evening were two tiny paper toys, to Molly Cromwell (the organizer of the Sturbridge show) herself!
I might have made the first sale, but two of Mom's dolls sold just minutes later. The French maid, who I posted just before we left, was the first to sell.
The same customer also bought this cook. Her basket of vegetables was a last minute addition from Mom's stash of props just before we left. I loved how the bright, fresh colors of the vegetables popped against the plain grey of her dress. Mom has made several cooks in similar outfits over the last few years, but I'm always amazed at the distinct personality of each doll. This jolly cook in red and cook plucking a chicken are wearing similar dresses and aprons, but they look like completely different characters to me! 
 
P.S. I've been noticing a lot of spam comments lately, so I'm putting word verification back up for a few days to see if it helps. Hopefully this will cut down on the problem!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Eliza,
    The paper toys are just wonderful! I am running out of words to describe the excellence and beauty of your work and your moms work. Absolutely beautiful!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper toys are fantastic.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. No surprise to me the minatures and dolls shown above were sold in no time. They are very good! The french maid with her naughty skirt is a real beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete